Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Filled Under: , , , , , , , ,

Door Access Control With Arduino And RFID RC522

1 way channel relay Arduino UNO R3 door lock Intermediate lock project RC522 Relay RFID
Hello world! Today i made a RFID door lock. The lamp acts as a Electric door lock because i don't have a electrical lock, you simply add the door lock to the relay instead of the lamp. I could not find much about the module, i have the RFID-RC522 in blue color, so this might be useful for the ones who have the same problem as me because the red one has the pins different...

Ok, let's get started!!


Step 1: What You Need?

1 x Arduino UNO
1 x USB Type-B Cable 

1 x RFID RC522 Card Reader Detector Module Kit

1 x 1 Channel Relay (KY-019) 
1 x KY-004 Button Module (To clear the database) (Can be Found in 37 Types Sensor in 1 Starter Learning Sensor Kit) or PushButton 
1 x Mini Breadboard (for RFID module stands vertical) or PCB Donut board 
Female-to-Male Jumper Wires
1 x Computer with Arduino IDE installed

Optional

Electrical Door Lock 
Male-to-Male Jumper Wires 
Arduino Compatible UNO Ultimate Starter Kit / Learning Kit (All the component can be found in this EXCEPT Door lock)
USB To Power Jack Cable

Soldering Iron and Solder (in case use PCB board)


Don't have components? Don't worry. Just click the component's name. 


Step 2: Build Your Circuit.

Connect wire like the schematic above.



Step 3: Upload The Code.


You can uncomment this line below (line 68) in the code it will increase reading distance : 
mfrc522.PCD_SetAntennaGain(mfrc522.RxGain_max);


Step 4: Test!


There is a button to clear the database. How this works is simple, Just hold the button and reset Arduino. Hold it for 6 second and it will clear all cards added. After that you need to add the new master card and key cards.

The video should explain enough.



You also can refer to this Security Access Using RFID Reader. (You also can refer this if you don't have the library for RFID)


Unknown

Author & Editor

My Robot Education Sdn. Bhd. (Robotedu.my) was founded in 2015 as the first robotics education centre in Malaysia to provide Arduino-based robotics courses for youths. Our vision is to be able to provide robotics education to every youth in Malaysia.

20 comments:

  1. How if i want lock by a button, not used delay time ??? Pls help me. Thanks ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i wanted to connect the solenoid lock to this circuit how would i do that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I installed mfrc522 with Arduino nano with one relay module at main gate but sometimes it's stuck and need to restart or switch off then on to solve i put also diode to try solve but couldn't if someone can help please

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. access control system Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... access card

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. access control singapore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. https://secom15.tumblr.com/post/665097607127941120/different-kinds-of-access-control-in-singapore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. access card system to buy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... singapore best access control systems

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. card access system singapore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. https://accesscardsingapore.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks. best card access system

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work card access system to get

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work door access system

    ReplyDelete
  15. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. biometric access control system order online

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... buy card access system

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks rfid label manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. door access system price

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... door access system in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  20. Electric locks can be so convenient, but it's frustrating when they start acting up. This post gave me a better understanding of the common problems and how to troubleshoot them.

    ReplyDelete

 

  • Copyright © Arduino Tutorial ™ is a registered trademark.
    Designed by Templateism. Hosted on Blogger Templates.